Oklahoma City Smoke Detectors
Smoke detectors are potentially life-saving devices. But Oklahoma City smoke detectors won’t do much good if they are not installed correctly or not working. Ensure your Oklahoma City smoke detectors work and meet fire safety standards adequately by contacting the professionals at Our Electrician for all your smoke and fire alarm installation, maintenance repair needs.
Our Electrician is a reliable and licensed Oklahoma City electrician with years of experience successfully meeting the electrical and fire safety needs of homeowners throughout the Oklahoma City area.
Fire can grow and spread quickly. Having working smoke detectors in your Oklahoma City home can mean the difference between life and death. Oklahoma City smoke detectors and fire alarms are only effective when they’re working properly. Smoke alarms that are disconnected, broken, or missing can’t alert you to the dangers of smoke and fire. Let Our Electrician provide you and your family with peace of mind by personally installing, inspecting and repairing your Oklahoma City smoke detectors. You can rest assured that our electricians will get the job done right the first time, with your family’s safety in mind.
Tips for Properly Installing Smoke Detectors in Oklahoma City Homes
- Oklahoma City smoke detectors should be installed on every level of your home, including the basement. Make certain there is a smoke alarm outside every separate sleeping area.
- New homes in Oklahoma City are required to have a smoke alarm in every sleeping room, and all smoke alarms must be interconnected.
- Hard-wired smoke detectors operate on your Oklahoma City household’s electrical current. They can be interconnected so that every alarm sounds regardless of the fire’s location. This is an advantage in early warning, because it gives occupants extra time to escape if they are in one part of the home and a fire breaks out in another part.
- Alarms that are hard-wired should have battery backups in case of a power outage, and should be installed by a qualified Oklahoma City electrician.
- If you sleep with bedroom doors closed, have one of the qualified Oklahoma City electrician at Our Electrician install interconnected smoke detectors in each room so that when one alarm sounds, they all sound.
- If you or someone in your Oklahoma City home is deaf or hard of hearing, consider installing an alarm that combines flashing lights, vibration and/or sound.
- Mount smoke alarms high on walls or ceilings. Remember, smoke rises. Ceiling mounted smoke detectors should be installed at least four inches away from the nearest wall; wall-mounted fire alarms should be installed four to 12 inches away from the ceiling.
- If you have ceilings that are pitched, install Oklahoma City smoke detectors near the ceiling’s highest point.
- Don’t install Oklahoma City smoke detectors near windows, doors, or ducts where drafts might interfere with their operation.
- Never paint smoke alarms! Paint, stickers, or other decorations could keep the alarms from working properly.
At Our Electrician we provide smoke detector installation, repairs, and replacement services. We can also help you find the right smoke detector or fire safety devices to meet the concerns of you and your family. Our technicians will be happy to assist you in any way they can.
Carbon Monoxide Detectors: A Good Investment for Oklahoma City Homes that Utilize Gas-Fueled Appliances
Another item you should consider having installed is a carbon monoxide detector. This device is a necessity if you have any appliances in your Oklahoma City area home fueled by gas. Carbon monoxide is just as deadly as fire, if not more so because you can’t see or hear it. Protect your family from carbon monoxide poisoning by having a CO alarm installed in your Oklahoma City home today, and get peace of mind knowing you’ll be alerted if there is a gas leak in your home.
Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms are very inexpensive and save lives almost every day. These fire safety devices can be easily installed in minutes and available almost anywhere. So don’t hesitate to give Our Electrician a call today if you want your home properly equipped with smoke detectors and CO alarms.
Fire Safety Tip: Just in Case, Always Keep an Extinguisher Nearby
It’s always a good idea to have a fire extinguisher handy. What seems like small thing to do today might save someone’s life. High risk areas like kitchens and garages are at risk of fires that could easily be controlled if an extinguisher is available.
If you are looking for Oklahoma City smoke detectors then please call 405-745-4700 or complete our online request form.